Code of Conduct and Rules for Members of the Carlisle Tennis Club
The purpose of the Code of Conduct and Rules is to encourage a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere at the Club, which will be conducive to both casual and competitive play while maintaining an appropriate sharing of the Club’s facilities for all members alike.
Members are required to uphold these rules and expectations:
- Follow direction provided by an event organizer, Club Pro, or Club Executive regarding the use and accessibility of the courts.
- Show fellow members respect. Refrain from swearing, screaming or aggressive behavior toward another player or players.
- Follow club rules in connection with signing up and retiring from the use of tennis courts. Should there be any confusion, previously arranged programming – e.g. clinics or group play will have priority for the use of the courts.
- Exercise consideration for others in not monopolizing limited court time when others are waiting.
- Respond politely and accurately when asked for proof of membership or concerning use of the Club’s property including balls, shed, etc.
- Familiarize yourself with the Tennis Etiquette guide listed on the website.
A failure to follow the spirit of Club Rules or Code may result in sanctions including but not limited to:
- Suspension of playing privileges
- Expulsion from the Club